Bergen, named after a city in Norway, is a little hamlet located on sections 23 and 26, Christiania township. It was founded in 1895 and for several years maintained a postoffice.
Bergen General Store opened along with the creamery in 1897. It provided food and clothing to nearby farmers, and it later included a gas station and a post office. Still in business today but the product line has changed to antiques and collectables.